Friday

Car Wash

I needed to post this event all by itself. It happened on Wednesday before I met up with Jen. I had gone to the store to get some medicine for Larry and decided to stop for gas and a car wash. I was going through a car wash like the picture. You put your car in nutural and enjoy the ride. Right away I noticed water dripping from my sun roof. I was trying to see if it was open and about that time water and suds came right in the passenger window which was completely open. I just bust up laughing as the inside of my car got soaked. I was trying to get the windows closed and noticed the back passenger window was also opened a little. I am not sure how the windows got opened but I was laughing my guts out. Seriously it was so funny to me. Have you ever laughed hard by yourself? I think it makes it even funnier. I couldn't stop laughing. I pulled out of the wash and was really glad that this place had towels to dry your car. I needed a bunch. I grabbed the towels and wiped the inside down first. Water was pretty much everywhere. The back mat was pretty soaked but I was able to get it all wiped up.

My car ended up being a little (or a lot) cleaner than I had anticipated. I was still laughing and decided to share why with the girl wiping down her car. I asked her if she wanted to hear something funny and shared my story. She laughed too and I told her it was okay to share but I didn't want her saying "some old lady" went through the car wash with her windows open. I told her I blamed it on being 50 but she didn't need to share that part. Her mouth dropped and her eyes went wide and she said she thought I was only in my 30's. (like her) Right on baby! It was totally worth going through the car wash with my windows open. The girl made my day! She also wanted to know what creams I used.....I wish I would have been quicker and told her it was the wax from the car wash. hahaha

1 comments:

Hillary said...

So I totally had that happen too, but I'm not 50 and had no excuse. I did the same thing where I forgot about my windows, but I'd paid to get the wax too, so I got sprayed with a rainbow of colors before I was able to shut the windows. To make matters worse, I had pulled forward too far so they had to stop the carwash and come in to tell me to back up, so they obviously saw what had happened. Then they had to reset my order as well as the people behind me. It was... so embarrassing. But I did laugh, and still do.