Thursday

I am such a kid at heart!

I know that even if I live to be a hundred I will always have the heart of a child. I love kids and I love living life through my inner childs eyes. It's much more fun than being a serious adult. (Oh ya I tried that for years and wouldn't recommend it) I am much happier being a "big" kid. I think I might embarrass my kids a bit but they too will learn as time goes on it's the better choice by far.

I loved going to Disneyland with Larry. We had such a "Magical" time! There wasn't any fighting or competing between us. Oh wait there was some competing on the Toy Story ride. Larry kept watching our scores and acknowledging that I was ahead of him. I did end up winning him but he had a great come back. I wouldn't even notice or care about such things but it matters to Larry and so I found great pleasure in beating him. (hahaha)

We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and it was awesome! We both liked it a lot and would recommend it to anyone. It's so convenient and the little extra's are just nice. I was in my own little heaven. I would even say I liked it better than the Hershey Chocolate Factory! That's because Disney is about kids and that's who I am. (must be great if it's better than chocolate)

We played all day the first day in California Adventure. We rode and saw everything we wanted. We even rode the California Screamer and yes I did my own screaming! We were the very back and it was so fun. Once was enough for my head though. The rides that shake you around make my head feel like a milk shake! I could only do them once but enjoyed the one time nonetheless. ;) I was challenged by Cindy P. to scream at the beginning of Big Thunder Mountain so I did. It was funny because it was right as the ride started before it was even going fast. Got people thinking......ya thinking that gramma was crazy! hahaha (too funny!)

I loved the World of Color. It was so pretty and quite amazing. I smiled the whole time and I am quite sure I even teared up. It was spectacular! Animation on the water is just so cool and all the colors.....wow! It was worth sticking around for.

We ate at Goofy's Kitchen the first night and it was so much fun. There weren't many people and so all the characters came around for pictures at each table. They do that anyway but this way we had lots of time with them. Seriously though we didn't need lots of time and I enjoyed watching the group of kids that were close by us enjoy the characters. And they did enjoy them to the fullest. It was a riot to watch. The food was good and I told Larry to eat slow and a lot so we could enjoy longer. (Larry is such a good sport to go along with me with my silliness)

The second day we spent in Disneyland. We didn't ever have to wait to get on any ride and it was fun. We did a lot of people watching the second day. We moved around and would just sit and watch all the different kinds of people. I wonder what people think of me when they are people watching? We saw so many characters through both parks. I wonder if there are always that many but because there weren't tons of people we were able to see them. I must say this was the perfect time to go if you don't like crowds. (I don't so it was perfect)

I was tired at the end of each day. It was a good tired though. I did enjoy all the walking around that we did. We are talking about taking the family next year. Larry needs to do some figuring to see if we can swing it and I sure hope we can. Taking the family is a whole different experience and watching the little ones will be the fun part for me.

This was just good all the way around.... good weather, good food, good company, good times!

I am so thankful for my sweet hubby who thinks of me!

5 comments:

amity said...

you are so lucky. i know i was just there but i already miss it. it was so much fun to go with the kids. it is so magical for them, but i think it would be so fun to go back with just jared. we went for our honeymoon and i would love to go again someday.

Kelsea said...

I love Disneyland! I've gone with my in laws while my husband stayed home :) We're taking Maddison in August with all the in laws and I am so excited!! How they work it is they pay for all the passes and the hotel and we have to get ourselves there (car, plane our choice) and then we pay for our food and souvenirs. Just a suggestion. It makes it so we can go without it costing so much. If you know someone in the military or that works on base they can get killer park hopper passes. If you don't I can see if my dad in law can get some. Glad you had a good time!

colds1 said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! (bahahahah)

Love ya, Dawn!

kelliecooke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kelliecooke said...

Glad you guys got to do this! You two deserve it!